Just a tiny little update on a previous project.
I mentioned last Thursday that I had taken my Easter Dress apart and was planning to put it back together with pleats that don’t make me want to hit people. I have to say, I’m pretty pleased with the outcome.
First, these are the original pleats:
And the pleats now:
I also decided to have another go at attaching the lining properly based on a technique that I first picked up from the Colette Iris shorts (which I am going to get around to chatting about someday) and also recently read about on the Sewaholic blog. Methinks I need to spend some quality time with Sewaholic patterns. Actually, it would do me good to focus on buying more indie designer patterns in general. I believe in supporting small businesses!
Also, I need better zippers.
If you’re wondering what else I accomplished last weekend–not so much. But enough to be happy about. I fiddled around with my Iris shorts, and I think I have settled on some workable adjustments. Next weekend, perhaps, I’ll make some in a nice yellow twill. I want to do the version with the buttons, so I need to remember to swing by Jo-Ann’s this week (50% off buttons! Like I would buy them otherwise. . .) because in all my button stash I do not have four matching 3/4″ buttons.
I did get my oil changed and spent the time covering my pattern weights with ribbon. Those Meineke people already think I’m nuts, so it’s okay.
I definitely did not even think about painting–though I still very much want to–and I did not touch my sewing basket. Also, since I’ve decided to join in the Shirt Dress Sew-Along (First Sew-Along! Hurray!) at A Fashionable Stitch, I’m going to hold off on tackling Simplicity 2246 again. I feel that I may learn a thing or two that I can definitely apply to any and all future shirt dress attempts.
And I think that about covers it!
Unless you want to hear about how I finally got my PS3 hooked up to the WiFi so now I can watch Netflix on the TV rather than my laptop.
I was pretty excited.